My film school batchmate Miray got married yesterday. Thus begins another colorful chapter in her life with Maki. *Insert additional marriage-related cliches here* Apart from being a perfect testament to “opposites attract”, their love story is quite an interesting one.
Let me sum it up this way:
- SEQUENCE 1 – Girl meets boy
- SEQUENCE 2 – Girl loses boy (He got assigned to Taiwan for 5 years)
- SEQUENCE 3 – Girl meets boy again in an outrageously random chance encounter.
- SEQUENCE 4 – Girl remains oblivious to boy’s unorthodox courting techniques, much to the chagrin of her friends.
- SEQUENCE 5 – Girl finally yields.
- SEQUENCE 6 – Girl loses boy every now and then. (Multiple overseas work assignments, this time in the U.S.)
- SEQUENCE 7 – Girl and boy reunite for good.
- SEQUENCE 8 – Boy proposes.
Well, by now, we all know how that went. Let’s see how they fill up the following sequences 😉
So, here’s a toast to these newlyweds, a perfect example of two different people crossing paths and finding love in their common ground. In their case: Their unexplainable fixation with Chucks.
Congratulations, Maki and Miray!